R.A.D. Blogger

I'm a professor with a joint position in rhet/comp and women's studies. I work at a large mid-western U in a pretty small town, which seems to welcome a. students and b. people with kids (pwk); I am neither. I research eugenics and policy making; most days I think about the book I need to write about said topic, some days I actually write about it. I live with Z (a "feminist 4th grade teacher"), Spike, and Bodhi. I think too much about breathing, decorating, cooking, and living elsewhere.

19.9.06

Good news comes in threes?

I am a believer that good news comes in threes-- or at least it should come in threes!
  • Good news 1: This past week I have learned that I was accepted to the Cs2007 in NYC. I am presenting on eugenicist rhetorics in contemporary welfare policy making. In doing so I hope to layout my rhetorical methodology for analyzing the policy-making process.
  • Good news 2: I also found out just yesterday that I had an article accepted into a transnational feminism journal (a special issue on gender, globalization, and disability). The unfortunate side of that is that the journal had just decided to adopt APA as its citation format. APA, humph! I have not used APA since I was an undergrad. I am not exactly looking forward to learning (or converting) to a new style. But in that paranoia kind of way, I am please that I can check off "publishing in women's and gender studies journals" from my tenure contract list.
  • Good news 3: hmmmm.... if it comes in threes what will be next? Acceptance of the essay I wrote with D? Offer of a job on a coast-- or at least not so smack in the middle of the country? A brilliant scholar applying for our r/c position? A brilliant scholar applying for the women's and gender studies search? OR [fill in the blank here].

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home