R.A.D. Blogger

I'm a professor with a joint position in rhet/comp and women's studies. I work at a large mid-western U in a pretty small town, which seems to welcome a. students and b. people with kids (pwk); I am neither. I research eugenics and policy making; most days I think about the book I need to write about said topic, some days I actually write about it. I live with Z (a "feminist 4th grade teacher"), Spike, and Bodhi. I think too much about breathing, decorating, cooking, and living elsewhere.

17.9.06

An After thought....

Ok so I tend to obsessively plan things. I am a fan of the list and I carry around a little leather-bound book with that to-do list (among lists of books and articles to look up, people to contact, random thoughts about research, recipes to try, etc, etc, etc.). And so, as I was completing my Sunday ritual of reflecting on the week and creating the new week's to-do list (which was in fact spurred on by my earlier post (see below)), I flipped back to my semester to-do list (yes, I have multiple sorts of to-do lists) and I was somewhat happy to realize that really I am only two-and-a-half tasks behind my imposed semester research schedule/timeline. Not too bad! I have now decided that perhaps I do not have writer's block (ok yeah, well I do have "writer's anxiety" that is for sure) and instead I am luxuriating in a period of incubation. My thoughts simply need time to develop lungs, fingers, and a voice before they get put down on paper (or screen).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home